I am a third year PhD student at the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering, where I am working with Ali Jadbabaie, George Pappas and Rakesh Vohra. Here is a link to my Google Scholar profile.
- Research Interests
My research interests lie on the analysis of networked dynamical systems. Descriptive keywords: Actuator/Sensor Placement in large-scale Networked Systems; Social Networks, Information Diffusion, Product Adoption and Advertising Strategies; Neural Networks.
Tools that I use come from automatic control; game theory; optimization and probability theory; linear algebra.
- V. Tzoumas, M. A. Rahimian, G. J. Pappas and A. Jadbabaie. Minimal Actuator Placement with Optimal Control Constraints. Submitted to IEEE American Control Conference (ACC), September 2014.
- V. Tzoumas, M. A. Rahimian, G. J. Pappas and A. Jadbabaie. Minimal Actuator Placement with Bounds on Control Effort, arXiv:1409.3289, September 2014.
- V. Tzoumas, C. Amanatidis, and E. Markakis. A Game-Theoretic Analysis of a Competitive Diffusion Process over Social Networks, 8th Conference on Web and Internet Economics (WINE), December 2012.
We consider a non-cooperative simultaneous game among firms that promote their product over a network by choosing appropriate seeds. We focus on various questions regarding the pure strategy Nash equilibria of these games, including their efficiency.
(See our full version for all missing proofs and for some extra results.)
- V. Tzoumas, M. A. Rahimian, G. J. Pappas and A. Jadbabaie. Minimal Actuator Placement with Bounds on Control Effort, Symposium on the Control of Network Systems (SCONES), October 2014.
- Other Academic Experience
- Teaching Assistant for the graduate course Linear Optimization (ESE504) offered by Ali Jadbabaie (Fall 2013).
- Teaching Assistant for the graduate course Linear Systems (ESE500) offered by M. Carchidi (Fall 2014).
- 11th ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce (EC), 2010.
- 21st International Word Wide Web Conference (WWW), 2012.
- 8th Workshop on Internet & Network Economics (WINE), 2012.
- American Control Conference (ACC), 2014; GlobalSIP, 2014; TNSE, 2014.
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Ph.D. Candidate, September 2012-present, Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering.
Advisors: Ali Jadbabaie, George Pappas.
Coursework: Linear Systems, Non-Linear Systems; Linear Optimization Convex Optimization; Elements of Probability, Advanced Probability, Stochastic Processes, Topics in Non-Linear Probability; Statistical Learning; Distributed Dynamic Systems; Information Theory; Microeconomic Theory II (Game Theory), Advanced Topics in Game Theory; Advanced Topics in Algorithms and Complexity. (Audited: Submodularity and Discrete Convexity; Probability on Graphs; Problems of Robotics; Social Influence, Media Effects and the Brain.)
- National Technical University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Diploma (5-year B.Sc. degree with thesis) in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2005-2012.
Thesis: A Game-Theoretic Analysis of a Competitive Diffusion Process over Social Networks.
Advisors: Evangelos Markakis, Trifon Koussiouris.
GPA: 9.54/10 (top 1.5%)
- Other Activities
Mountaineering, rock climbing, kendo, and a lot of running.